Saturday, January 7, 2012

WORK-In-Progress Snippet

Okay, I know.  This post usually appears on Wednesdays, and lately I'm not getting it up until Saturdays.  Maybe I need to give it another little rhyming title like Weekend Work-In-Progress Snippet.  Hmmm.  And I really ought to do posts on some other topics. It is just that I am so busy.  Thank you all my friends who read my posts.  I hope you all have a great weekend.

***He grasped the trinket and lifted it upward so as to study its intricate engravings.  With his nail he pried the two halves open, revealing a miniature drawing of a manor house.  Most females stowed tokens or portraits of a beloved inside a locket.  Curious that this caricature of a great manor house had been awarded that distinction.

Rupert gently snapped the charm shut and laid it with reverence in the middle of her fair chest.  As he pulled the coat back up high, his eyes were drawn to the alluring features of her heart-shaped face.  Her lips had warmed to a healthier hue now, almost pink.  He felt his pulse rise at the tantalizing thought of kissing her.  As if hearing his thoughts, she moved ever so slightly, drew in a breath, and opened her brilliant green eyes.  Both shock and relief swept through him, but her great teasing lashes closed again.

No comments:

Post a Comment