Friday, September 30, 2011

Work-In-Progress Wednesday that had to wait for Friday

Wow, what a busy week I've had! But, I'm back in the saddle and just have to post my Wednesday Work-in-Progress snippet.  Thanks for taking the time to read it.
(excerpt from a letter written by the hero of my wip)
Against my request that all our correspondence remain only one of tenant to landowner, I find I cannot abide by this constraint, for a matter of import now makes it necessary that I write to you as a friend.  God help me should this letter fall into unworthy hands, but nonetheless, my silence is no longer possible.  I am certain you will fly up into the boughs when you hear the details of the matter which I am about to set before you, for it has to do with a young lady.  Pray, bite your tongue and withhold the immediate judgments to which I have no doubt you are springing. I have not made sport of the said lady, nor is it out of any selfish motivation that I ask for your help in her behalf. Rather, it is out of true compassion for her and her family that I have decided to entangle myself in their affairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment